4 years after arriving in the United States, Luigi D’Agostini started Luigi D’Agostini Brick Layer & Construction in 1951. In 1967, the company was incorporated and he changed the name to what is now L. D’Agostini & Sons, Inc.
Gino (left), Tony, and Bob D’Agostini continue the business their father launched in 1951. Luigi D’Agostini served as the company’s president until 1975 and thereafter as a consultant to the company until his passing in 1984.
Bob D’Agostini brought in Caterpillar engineers from Peoria, Illinois especially for this Sterling Heights project. He stands next to the Cat 245 Magnum Excavator that was designed just for L. D’Agostini & Sons. It handled and installed 108” concrete pipe in 25 to 30’ depths. After seeing what this excavator could do, multiple contractors followed suit and ordered the same machine.
L. D’Agostini & Sons, Inc. expands its operations to include pipe installation by micro-tunnel. The first project was in Grosse Ile, Michigan. The Grosse Ile project included 94 tunnel and recovery shafts ranging from 16 to 24 feet in diameter and approximately 22,000 LF of 24” to 42” sanitary sewer in micro-tunnel that included very tough ground conditions.
A massive sinkhole engulfs a portion of 15 Mile Road. L. D’Agostini & Sons, Inc. was called in to repair this 11’ diameter, 65’ deep pipe in August 2004. We worked around the clock 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 10 months until pipe was repaired for the City of Detroit.
DWSD PC-755, Oakwood CSO Control Facility & Pump Station remains the largest project in L. D’Agostini & Sons, Inc’s. history, requiring its surety to supply a nearly $160MM performance and payment bond.
Between 2013 and 2016, L. D’Agostini & Sons, Inc. successfully constructed 5 of the KWA projects that make up the KWA Water Supply System. The projects totaled roughly 31 miles of 48” – 66” steel pipe, one mile which was tunneled out into Lake Huron for the intake and primary pump station.